Monday, September 13, 2010

Life is Hard, Not!

So, today we just returned from our week vacation in Fairmont Canada. We were guests of dear friends and shared a beautiful condo overlooking a golf course and the most beautiful mountains of the Selkirks. Every day was full of fresh air, good exercise, super food, and lots of wine and beer. It's vacation of course.

And of course we couldn't be in Fairmont without going to the Hot Springs. We spent a lovely afternoon in the springs with all of us sure all our aches and pains would disappear. Well, maybe for an afternoon.

We saw plenty of deer. Bucks, Does and fawns. Too many to count. Some were within just a few feet of us, others watched us from a distance. On the way home to Spokane I thought perhaps I saw a black bear, but it was positioned just so, that when we drove by it was hidden by a hill so I couldn't be sure. Border crossings both ways were smooth. Actually a piece of cake. I was asked to take off my sunglasses; I guess the guy wanted to see my pretty blues eyes.

Now that we are back in Spokane we are busy doing all the things necessary to prepare to leave in less then 3 weeks for our Mazatlan home. I still have a few appointments left with the physical therapists for my shoulder and thigh. It's been close to 4 months since my accident. I have a little ways to go, but doing much better.

Yesterday, our grandson Kenny was baptised at a little lake near here called Fish Lake. He has wanted to be baptised for about 2 years and since pastor grandpa was here the time was now. It was a very special and sweet ceremony and such a pretty place that him and his mom, Joanne picked out.

We've had a wonderful summer here filled with great memories. Our time is growing short now with much to do. Be back soon!
Janice

2 comments:

  1. Here is your first comment. Nice background picture. You are on my desktop although once you are here, it really won't be all that much news as we will ALL be pretty much doing the same thing.Lovin' paradise. Hey Joel, make sure you ask John to join the beer and beans get together, okay? He tends to sometimes be too solitary and needs to "buddy bond". '-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice and Joel-- wow--you have me learning to blog now-- at my age!!! pretty cool!This will be neat-if I cant physically go with you to see all the neat sites you will be seeing then I will get to see all the pictures you put up. Considering I am still working, I will settle for that at this point! Safe travels!
    Laura Scheer

    ReplyDelete