Saturday, September 26, 2015

Lunch in Cantia, Day 2 & 3

At 2 this morning I received a Skype call from Joel however it was so weak, we could not connect. We tried for a few moments with no luck. Luckily, I just had gotten up to let Ollie out so I was awake, kind of.  I woke up this morning to a short email from him. Evidently, he did have enough power to connect long enough to send it.  This was about 3 am PST. 
"I am in Cantia having lunch. I'm half way to the second destination. Tomorrow will be Pamplona. A group of 30 is kids have taken me under their wings. I am their token old guy. They are from Australia, Sweden, France and Texas.
Love, Camino Ducky."

He's finished day 3 and is now in Pamplona.

 Some of the pilgrims he's been traveling. He's shared beer with them and then Paella with them.

 

Tomorrow he'll get a late start as he'll try to get the issue with his phone resolved. 
Update at of 4pm, Sunday, 9/27.
I (Janice) spoke to our cell phone company and we're set for Joel to pick up a new SIM card in Pamplona and he will have the "unlock" code for the new card.  There's hope yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment